Wednesday, August 4, 2010

VANCOUVER VISITS AT 60

August 3
Visit with Gerry Hills in Horseshoe Bay
Memorable Quote: 'When I look at you I see Mary, Eric and Colin in your Thomson face. Thank you.'
August 2
Visit with Dorothy Buckland
Memorable Quote: 'Maybe you're right about the white (wine)'.

August 2
Downtown Eastside Women's Centre
Memorable Quote: 'I LOVE your hair!', middle aged 'punk' woman, a volunteer.
August 1
Paddy Fahrni at Renfrew Labyrinth
Memorable Quote: Sorry, it's unprintable.
http://renfrewravinelabyrinth.wordpress.com/



July 31
Tai Chi Class
Encounter with Dale Hunter, a friend from 30 years ago.
Memorable Quote: 'How's Eric?' - first thing he says after placing me.

July 30
Lunch with Barbara Yearsley (86)
She gave me her book about Gilbert the Crow. Very good!
Memorable Quote: 'What are we doing here?' - when we get back to her apartment after going out for lunch.


July 29
Lunch with Kay Bolton (96) and her daughter Frances Jones.
Great visit with Kay.
Memorable Quote: 'It took courage' - my trip to Montreal on my own in 1968.





No comments:

Post a Comment